Adult Dirt Cups
Gluten-Free, Vegan // Serves 4
We're always looking for new ways to bring out our inner child, and these are the perfect adult version of the classic childhood treat. These Dirt Cups are made with a coconut cream-based chocolate pudding and delicious vegan gummy worms, making the perfect sweet treat for this time of year.
Featuring a blended up version of our Chocolate Sea Salt Ancient Grain Granola + Probiotics, it adds that extra chocolately crunch we all crave. Happy snacking!
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 30 min
Rest/cool time: 2 hours
1 (13.5 oz) can coconut cream
⅓ cup chocolate chips, plant-based
¼ cup coconut sugar
1.5 tbsp cocoa powder
Sea salt to taste
¾ tsp vanilla extract
1.5 tbsp arrowroot powder
Purely Elizabeth Chocolate Sea Salt Ancient Grain Granola + Probiotics
Vegan gummy worms, or gummy worm of choice (recommend YumEarth)
1. To make the chocolate pudding, combine the coconut cream, coconut sugar, cocoa powder and salt to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk well to incorporate the cocoa powder and heat until the edges of the pan begin to simmer and liquid is warm to the touch.
2. Add in the chocolate chips and continue stirring until melted. Reduce heat to medium-low.
3. Continue stirring the mixture for 8-10 minutes until the coconut milk begins to thicken.
4. Whisk in the arrowroot powder until fully incorporated.
5. Remove the pudding from heat and transfer to a bowl. Let cool slightly before covering the pudding with cling wrap, having the cling wrap touch the pudding to ensure no skin forms on the top of the pudding. Let sit covered at room temperature for 3 hours for pudding to set.
6. While the pudding is cooling, break granola into small pieces to create a crumble.
7. When ready to serve, place a layer of granola on the bottom of your cup, followed by the chocolate pudding, top with additional granola and gummy worms.