Learn the importance of balancing your blood sugar with Kelly LeVeque
Apple Almond Butter Granola Bars
If you're looking for the perfect snack that is both healthy and easy to make then you have to try our homemade granola bars. Our friend, Danielle from Danilicious created this healthy, sweet and salty, no-bake granola bar recipe.
If you're looking for the perfect snack that is both healthy and easy to make then you have to try our homemade granola bars made with Purely Elizabeth Maple + Almond Butter Granola, creamy almond butter, dried apples and cranberries, fall spices, & toasted pecans. Enjoy this delicious, wholesome healthy snack during the fall!
How To Make Apple Almond Butter Granola Bars
- 1 1/2 cup Purely Elizabeth Maple + Almond Butter Granola
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried apples, cut in small chunks
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Pinch sea salt
Almond Butter Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Pinch sea salt
For the bars:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toast oats and pecans for about 10 minutes in the oven so they are slightly browned, stirring halfway through. Let cool slightly.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave almond butter and coconut oil until coconut oil is completely melted and the almond butter is thinned out and smooth.
- Stir in vanilla and maple syrup.
- Add in dried fruit and other remaining ingredients. Stir until all the ingredients are well-combined.
- Press the mixture into a parchment paper lined 8x8 pan.
- Allow bars to set in fridge for at least 4 hours. Lift parchment paper to remove bars from pan.
- Cut into 10-12 bars.
For the glaze:
- Combine the coconut oil and almond butter and microwave until the coconut oil is melted (about 30 seconds).
- Stir in maple syrup and sea salt.
- Use a spoon or a piping bag to drizzle glaze over each bar.
- Serve and enjoy!