Fueled by Fungi, Movement, and Mother Nature
Banana Bread Mug Cake
Are you sick of banana bread yet?! We sure aren't, but it's always fun to play around with creative new ways to make one of our favorite treats. This grain-free, healthy banana bread mug cake recipe is super easy and only takes a few minutes!
No flour? No problem! We've kept our banana bread mug cake recipe simple, sticking to just a few key ingredients - a ripe banana, almond milk, chopped walnuts and maple syrup as our topping of choice. But if you're looking to spruce things up, try adding cinnamon or chocolate chips for extra sweetness and flavor. Other popular additions include vanilla extract or peanut butter.
How to Make Banana Bread Mug Cake - A Delicious, 4-Step Recipe
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed (an overripe banana works best if you're looking for extra sweetness!)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 cup Purely Elizabeth Grain-Free Pancake Mix of your choice
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts
- maple syrup to top!
- In a large microwave-safe mug place the mashed banana, egg, almond milk, whisk to combine.
- Add the pancake mix, baking powder and walnuts and whisk to combine.
- Microwave on high for 3 - 3 1/2 minutes.
- Allow a few minutes for the banana mug cake to cool. Top with maple syrup!