Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Did you know you can make our new pancakes vegan? All you have to do is replace the egg with ⅓ cup mashed ripe bananas… and if you’re really wanting to spruce them up, you can try this banana chocolate pancake recipe by our friend Alice Pages.
These fluffy pancakes are an instant crowd-favorite. Whether you're a fan of banana pancakes or chocolate chip pancakes, enjoy the best of both with this delicious, vegan pancake recipe!
Your go-to recipe for quick & easy Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes!
Looking for something new to serve at Sunday brunch? Have some extra-ripe bananas you're not sure what to do with? Add mashed banana slices and dark chocolate chips to our Purely Elizabeth pancake mix and you're ready to go!
We've recommended fresh fruit and maple syrup as toppings, but other popular topping ideas include vegan butter, powdered sugar, cinnamon, or peanut butter for some added sweetness and flavor.
How to Make Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Express Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup of Purely Elizabeth Grain-free pancake mix
- 1 medium ripe banana, cut into slices
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup plant-based yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Seasonal fruits
- Maple syrup
- Peel and mash the banana slices using a fork until puréed.
- Add the Purely Elizabeth Pancake Mix to a large mixing bowl.
- Then add the mashed banana, almond milk, yogurt and vanilla and stir until just combined. It’s okay if the pancake batter is not perfectly smooth. It’s better not to over-mix for light and fluffy pancakes!
- Fold-in the dark chocolate chips and let the pancake batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Grease a non stick pan or skillet with vegetable oil and put over medium heat.
- Pour a big spoon of pancake batter onto the pan and spread out gently into a round shape with the back of a ladle.
- When bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip the pancake with a spatula and cook for another minute on the other side.
- Repeat the previous steps until all the batter is used.
- Prepare the chocolate sauce.
- Mix by hand all the ingredients until you get a smooth and silky consistency.
- Serve the cooked pancakes with fresh fruits, maple syrup and a drizzle of chocolate
Like this recipe? Explore other Purely Elizabeth favorites: