Banana Matcha Swirl Oat Muffins
grain-free // gluten-free
Bananas and matcha are the power flavor combo you didn't know you needed. These delicious muffins by @feastingonfruit make for an easy, healthy, and quick breakfast.
1/2 cup Superfood Original Oats
1 1/2 cup oat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup agave or maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup almond milk
2 overripe bananas
1 tbsp matcha powder
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grind oats to a fine flour. Whisk together oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, oats, and salt.
3. Blend the bananas, agave or maple syrup, coconut oil, almond milk, and eggs. Add wet ingredients to the dry, and mix to combine.
4. Separate 1 cup of the batter, and stir the matcha powder in in a separate bowl.
5. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or generously spray with nonstick spray.
6. Layer plain batter, a spoonful of matcha batter, more plain batter, another spoonful of matcha batter on top, and swirl with a toothpick or chopstick. Repeat until all the batter is gone (makes about 10-12 muffins)
7. Bake 20-22 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.