Blackberry Thyme Deep Dish Cast Iron Pizza
gluten-free // vegetarian
All about meals that only need one pan (or one sheet, one skillet…). That was the inspo behind this Cast Iron Deep Dish Pizza with Blackberries, Ricotta, Thyme and our Honey Almond Probiotic Granola. @moriah.brooke nailed it!
3/4 cup blacked almond flour
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp tapioca starch
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup avocado oil
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 egg, whisked
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1.5 cups blackberries
2 tbsp fresh thyme
2 tbsp honey
Flakey Sea Salt
1/4 cup Purely Elizabeth Honey Almond Granola
1) Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease an 8-inch cast-iron skillet with coconut oil.
2) In a large bowl, whisk almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Pour in avocado oil, vinegar, water, and whisked egg and stir to combine. The batter should form a ball. Add 1-2 tbsp tapioca starch or 1 tbsp coconut flour if the flour is too wet.
3) Place the dough in the prepared pan and press to flatten, forming a bit of a crust on the edges. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crust is slightly golden.
4) Drizzle the pre-baked crust with olive oil. Smash half of the berries and spread them on the crust, then top with the cheese, thyme, and the rest of the berries. Place back into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
5) Top with honey, Purely Elizabeth Honey Almond Granola, and sea salt. Enjoy!
All about using the grill for easy summer meals!Read more
A refreshing smoothie full of hidden veggies.Read more