Brown Butter Pecan
Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
These soft and chewy cookies have deep, rich flavors that will satisfy any sweet tooth- there's no way you'll be able to eat just one.
1 cup Vanilla Pecan Oats
1 cup gluten free baking flour (1:1)
9 tbsp butter, unsalted
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips, dark
Flaky sea salt for topping
1. Place the butter into a saucepan over medium heat until it’s melted and darker in color, and the milk solids become caramelized.
2. Remove from heat and let cool. Once the butter has cooled, place the butter and coconut sugar into a mixing bowl and using a paddle attachment beat them together until well combined. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
3. Place the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a food processor or blender and blend until in powder form and then add them to the mixing bowl. Mix until the cookie dough comes together.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips and use a 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop to make about 16 evenly sized cookie dough balls.
5. Place the cookie dough balls onto a baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
6. Once chilled, preheat the oven to 350°F and place the cookies on two baking sheets about 2 1/2 inch apart (About 8 cookies per baking sheet).
7. Bake the cookies 11-14 minutes and golden brown on the edges.
8. Let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to continue cooling for an additional 15 minutes. Top with flaky salt and serve.