Caramel Pecan Pancakes
grain-free // gluten-free // dairy-free
Dressed up these pancakes with a caramel pecan flavor to bring a little something different to your typical breakfast routine.
1 ½ cups Grain-Free Pancake & Waffle Mix
⅓ cup coconut oil
⅓ cup almond milk
½ cup toasted pecans
1 can coconut milk (full fat)
⅓ cup maple syrup or coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
1. First prepare the caramel by placing the coconut milk and maple syrup into a heavy bottom pot over medium-low heat.
2. Cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat once the mixture has thickened. It will thicken even more as it cools.
3. Meanwhile, add the pancake mix to a mixing bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, almond milk and toasted pecans.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir just until the batter comes together.
5. Prepare a non-stick skillet with coconut oil or non-stick spray and turn on medium-low heat.
6. Add ⅓ cup of batter to the center of the hot pan and cook for 1-2 minutes and golden brown. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown. Repeat until you have used all of the batter.
7. Top with warm caramel and serve.
*Caramel will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a week.