Chai Spiced Espresso Swirled Banana Bread
gluten-free // dairy-free
This recipe has spicy, aromatic flavors from chai combined with sweet, rich flavors from espresso that elevate your typical banana bread.
1 cup Grain Free Pancake & Waffle Mix
3 medium bananas, ripe (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder, separated
1 tsp baking soda, separated
1/2 tsp salt, separated
1 tbsp ground espresso powder
1 cup Gluten Free Baking Flour(1:1)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
⅛ tsp ginger
⅛ tsp cloves
⅛ tsp cardamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a loaf pan with non-stick spray and parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas and whisk in the eggs, honey, coconut oil and vanilla, and then set aside.
3. In another bowl, stir together the Grain Free Pancake mix, half of the baking powder, half of the baking soda, half of the salt and all of the espresso powder. In another bowl, stir together the gluten free baking flour, remaining baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
3. Take half of the wet egg mixture and add it to one of the dry bowls and the other half to the second bowl. Stir until a batter forms.
4. Alternate adding batter from each bowl to the prepared pan until you have used all the batter.
5. Bake the loaf for 40-50 minutes and toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center. Let cool and serve.