Peppermint Chocolate Tart
Gluten-Free // Serves 10
This chocolate and peppermint filled tart paired with a hint of sea salt is the perfect treat to satisfy your sweet tooth this holiday season!
Featuring coconut milk, cashew butter, and semi-sweet chocolate, this Peppermint Chocolate Tart is sure to become a holiday tradition for years to come. Serve this up at your next holiday gathering and give your guests something to talk about!
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
1 bag Purely Elizabeth Chocolate Sea Salt Granola
3 tbsp vegan butter, melted
1 can full fat coconut milk
6oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped
2 tbsp cashew butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 drops peppermint extract
1 cup coconut whipped topping
1 candy cane, crushed
1. Add the granola to a food processor and blend until fine crumbles form. Add in the melted butter and pulse to combine.
2. Transfer to a 9-inch tart pan. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides using the back of a measuring cup.
3. Bake the crust for 17-20 minutes at 350 F. Remove and let cool.
4. Add the coconut milk to a pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
5. Meanwhile, place the chopped chocolate into a large glass bowl and pour the hot milk over it. Let it sit for 5 minutes before whisking smooth.
6. Mix in the cashew butter, vanilla and peppermint extracts. Pour the mixture into tart pan and place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
7. When ready to serve, top with whipped topping, crushed candy canes and mint leaves.