Cinnamon Crunch French Toast Bake
Gluten-Free // Makes 8 servings
Taking french toast to the next level with this recipe! This recipe is easy to make as it only requires you to prep and then pop in the oven. While the flavors are delicious, the cinnamon granola topping is truly what makes this recipe extra special.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30-40 min
½ loaf of bread of choice, slices cut in half
¾ cup almond milk, unsweetened
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
½ cup Purely Elizabeth Original Ancient Grain Granola, crushed
1 tbsp oat flour
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
Maple syrup, for topping
Powdered sugar, optional
1. Spray a 9 x13 baking pan with cookie spray or coconut oil and layer the bread pieces across the pan.
2. Whisk together the eggs, almond milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt and pour mixture over the bread, ensuring all of the liquid is making it’s way in the crevices of the bread so it is fully coated. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour up to overnight.
3. Once bread mixture is chilled, remove from refrigerator. Preheat oven to 375°F.
4. Mix together the granola, oat flour and coconut oil. Sprinkle granola over the bread followed by the fresh blackberries.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until bread is golden brown and crispy. Let cool slightly before sprinkling with powdered sugar and drizzling with maple syrup. Serve and enjoy!