Cranberry Orange Waffles
If you want to fill your breakfast with holiday cheer, these Cranberry Orange Waffles by @healthylittlevittles will do the trick.
1 cup cranberries
3 tbsp water
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 package Purely Elizabeth Grain-Free Pancake Mix
4 flax eggs (4 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal + ½ cup water)
½ cup + 1 tablespoon avocado oil
½ cup + 1 tablespoon orange juice
Cranberry Orange Glaze (optional)
½ cup orange juice
1 tablespoon reduced cranberries (from above)
¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 ¼ cup powdered sugar
1. First combine the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl and let it sit while you reduce the cranberries.
2. Add the cranberries, water, and maple syrup to a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until the cranberries burst and the liquid is mostly absorbed, stirring occasionally. You want a jam-like consistency. Set aside while you prepare the waffle batter.
3. Heat your waffle iron. Combine the avocado oil, water, and flax eggs in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Fold in the mix and the reduced cranberries, reserving 1 tablespoon of the cranberries if you’re planning on making the glaze. Don’t over-mix- lumps are okay!
4. Spray the waffle iron with nonstick spray then add ½ cup of the batter and cook until they start to turn golden. Repeat with the remaining batter.
5. To make the glaze, add the orange juice, tablespoon of reduced cranberries, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar to a bowl and whisk until smooth. If you prefer a smoother glaze you can blend until no clumps remain.