Cranberry Pecan Coffee Cake
Gluten-Free, Vegetarian // Serves 8
If you're looking for a new sweet treat to warm your belly on crisp fall mornings, this Cranberry Pecan Coffee Cake is just the thing! Featuring tart cranberries and heartwarming spices like cinnamon and nutmeg with a hint of orange, we have a feeling this recipe will soon become a part of your regular breakfast rotation.
Plus, it includes our Cranberry Pecan Ancient Grain Granola for that extra crumbly crunch atop a moist flavor-filled cake.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 35-40 min
1/4 cup Purely Elizabeth Cranberry Pecan Ancient Grain Granola
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/3 cup oat flour
1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 3/4 cup oat flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
Zest and juice of 1 orange
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup greek yogurt (sub non-dairy yogurt or 1/4 cup coconut oil)
1 cup fresh cranberries, or dried if not in season
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease (or line with parchment paper) a 8x8” square baking dish (a pie dish would work great for this too).
2. Prepare the crumble topping. In a small bowl, combine all of the crumble ingredients. Use your hands to fully incorporate the melted coconut oil until you get a wet, sand-like texture. Set aside.
3. Prepare the dry cake ingredients: In a medium bowl, combine oat flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk together. Set aside.
4. Prepare the wet ingredients: In a medium bowl combine the orange juice, orange zest, eggs, vanilla extract and greek yogurt. Whisk together until fully incorporated.
5. Carefully mix in the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until just combined. Delicately fold in the cranberries.
6. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Top with crumble and bake 20-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out fairly clean (clumps of cake attached to the toothpick are a good sign!)
7. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.