Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
gluten-free // grain-free
I’m a big fan of the 80/20 rule, AKA 80% of the time, be your healthiest self, and 20% of the time, indulge guilt-free. The best kind of treats make you THINK you’re indulging, but really they fit perfectly into your healthy lifestyle- just like these Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins.
1 pouch Purely Elizabeth Grain-Free Bread + Muffin Mix
1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
1/4 cup (50g) coconut oil
1/3 cup (85g) creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup (80g) maple syrup
1/3 cup (80g) almond milk
1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks
More PB + chocolate chunks in the middle
• Preheat the oven to 350F.
• Add the full pouch of Grain-Free Bread + Muffin Mix and cocoa powder to a bowl. Whisk to eliminate lumps.
• In a separate bowl, whisk together peanut butter, coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup, and milk.
• Add wet to dry, and mix to combine.
• Fold in the chocolate chunks.
• Scoop into a greased muffin pan, filling each ¾ of the way.
• Make a small well in the center of each muffin and fill with about ½ tablespoon peanut butter. Top with a few more chocolate chunks.
• Bake for 23-25 minutes at 350F.
• Cool for at least 15 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Simple steps toward a more sustainable lifestyleRead more