Dipped Shortbread Cookies
Gluten-Free // Serves 16
These colorful shortbread cookies are the perfect addition to brighten any holiday dessert table! Featuring three delicious dipping options, there's bound to be something for every sweet tooth in the room.
Ranging from creamy white and dark chocolate to decadent caramel, you can mix and match to your heart's content. Make these Dipped Shortbread Cookies over and over again for a delightful holiday tradition!
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 25 min
1 cup Purely Elizabeth Superfood Oatmeal
¾ cup gluten-free all purpose flour
¼ cup coconut sugar
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ cup butter, melted
White Chocolate Dip
¼ cup Lily’s White Chocolate Chips
1 tsp coconut oil
¼ cup Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips
1 tsp coconut oil
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup cashew butter
1 tbsp coconut oil
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the oatmeal into a food processor and blend until in flour forms and then add to a mixing bowl with flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt and whisk to combine. Add in the melted butter and use a rubber spatula to combine until a dough forms.
3. Dust a clean surface with flour and roll the dough out into a rectangle about ⅛ inch in thickness.
4. Cut into 16 rectangles and use a fork to prick the cookies.
5. Bake the cookies for 20-25 minutes until edges start to brown. Let cool.
6. Prep your dips by placing the ingredients into 3 microwave safe bowls. Microwave separately in 20 second increments, stirring between each until smooth and melted.
7. Dip each cookie into white chocolate, dark chocolate, or caramel. Top with orange zest for white chocolate dipped cookies, crushed pistachios for the dark chocolate dipped cookies, and crushed pecans for caramel dipped cookies.
8. Chill until chocolate hardens.
9. Serve and enjoy!