Galentine’s Day Conversation Heart Cookies
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free // Makes 10
Surprise your best girlfriends with these heart-shaped cookies that taste delicious and let them know how much you appreciate them!
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 10 min
11/2 cups Purely Elizabeth Original Superfood Oats
⅓ cup honey
1/2 cup vegan butter, room temperature
10 tbsp gluten-free baking flour (1:1), plus more for dusting
3/4 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
⅔ cup raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 1 hour
1/2 cup coconut cream (the thick stuff)
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp coconut butter
2 tsp lemon
Pinch of salt
1. Add the honey and butter to a mixer with a paddle attachment and beat until well blended.
2. Place the oatmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt into a blender or food processor and blend until in flour form and everything is well incorporated.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the mixer and mix until a dough comes together. It will be slightly sticky.
4. Transfer the dough to a piece of plastic wrap and flatten the dough into a disc. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Generously dust your workspace with baking flour and roll out the dough until it’s about ⅛ inch in thickness. Use as much flour for dusting as needed.
7. Cut out heart shaped cookies and top a few of them sprinkles (if desired). Transfer them to the baking sheet.
8. Bake the cookies for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.
9. Repeat until you have used all the dough.
10. While the cookies are cooling, drain the water from the cashews and then add them to a food processor or blender with the remaining filling ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy.
11. Transfer to a piping bag and pipe about 1 tablespoon of filling onto the bottom of half of the heart cookies. Sandwich with remaining cookies.
12. To decorate with conversation words, add 1-2 tablespoons of almond milk to the remaining filling to thin it out until you reach a frosting-like consistency.