Grain-Free Carrot Cake Muffins
with Cream Cheese Filling
grain-free // gluten-free
Spring vibes are still going strong over here with these Grain-Free Carrot Cake Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling. Love a dessert with veggies hidden inside!
1 pouch Purely Elizabeth Grain-Free Bread + Muffin Mix
1/4 cup (50g) coconut oil
1/4 cup (80g) maple syrup
1/2 cup (120g) almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup (80g) grated carrots
1/3 cup (40g) chopped walnuts (optional)
Cream Cheese Filling
8oz cream cheese (option for dairy-free)
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Whisk together eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla.
3. Add Purely Elizabeth Grain-Free Bread + Muffin Mix and spices, and mix to combine. Fold in carrots and walnuts (if using). 4. In a separate bowl, stir together filling ingredients.
5. Grease or line a muffin pan. Fill each ¾ of the way with muffin batter.
6. Use a tablespoon to make a well in the center of each muffin and place a spoonful of cream cheese filling into each. Top with a sprinkle of walnuts.
7. Bake for 22-25 minutes at 350F. Cool for 30 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a cooling rack.