Grain-Free Holiday Cupcakes
grain-free // gluten-free
SO excited to share that our new Bread + Muffin Mix is also perfect for CUPCAKES! And just in time for the holidays— enjoy our recipe for grain-free holiday cupcakes below.
1 pouch Purely Elizabeth Grain-Free Bread + Muffin Mix
3 eggs, large
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tbsp almond milk
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 tbsp almond milk
Red Velvet Cupcakes:
3 tbsp beet root powder
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ cup almond milk
1 can coconut cream, chilled
¼ cup dark chocolate chips
½ tbsp cocoa powder
1 drop mint extract
1 tbsp coconut butter
Natural food coloring
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, maple syrup and applesauce until smooth. Add in the PE mix and stir until combined. Separate the batter into three bowls.
2. Add the chocolate ingredients to the first bowl and whisk until smooth; Add the vanilla ingredients to the second bowl and mix until smooth; Add the red velvet ingredients to the third bowl and mix until combined.
3. Fill 6 cupcake liners with the batters. Bake the vanilla 20-24 minutes and the chocolate and red velvet for an additional 5-7 minutes and a toothpick comes out clean.
4. For the frosting, chill a mixing bowl for 10 minutes before starting. Remove all the cream at the top of the can of coconut cream and discard the liquid at the bottom. Place the cream into the chilled bowl and use a handheld mixer to beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Remove ¾ of the mixture and frost the red velvet and vanilla cupcakes.
5. Top the red velvet with rosemary sprigs.
6. Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and let it cool for ten minutes. Take a tooth pick and make dots for the snowman face on two of the white frosted cupcakes. Add the remaining melted chocolate, mint extract and cocoa powder to the remaining coconut cream frosting and mix until smooth. Frost the chocolate cupcakes. Top the chocolate cupcakes with cranberries and a rosemary sprig.
7. Melt the coconut butter until smooth. Add yellow and red food coloring to make an orange color and transfer the mixture to a plastic zip bag and cut a small hole in the corner. Draw a carrot shape as the nose for the snowman cupcakes. Chill cupcakes until read to serve.