Healthy Snickers Bars
vegan // gluten-free
A childhood favorite reimagined by @feastingonfruit. You can feel good about indulging in this delicious treat!
● 1 1/2 Cups Original Superfood Oatmeal
● 3/4 cup peanut butter
● 2 tbsp maple syrup
● 1/4 cup coconut oil
● 1/4 tsp salt
● 1 cup coconut cream
● 3/4 cup cane sugar or coconut sugar
● 2 tsp vanilla extract
● 1/2 tsp salt
●1 cup Honey Peanut Butter Granola
● ½ cup roasted peanuts
● 8oz dark chocolate, melted
1. Line an 8x5” pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a food processor, pulse the oatmeal until finely ground.
3. Add the peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and salt. Process until combined and sticky.
4. Press into the lined pan and freeze.
5. In a small saucepan combine coconut cream, salt, and sugar over medium high heat. Stir until sugar is warmed and dissolved
6. Bring to a boil, and boil stirring frequently for 12-15 minutes until caramelized and thickened.
7. Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla, and cool 5-10 minutes.
8. Pour on top of the nougat layer and spread evenly.
9. Top with peanuts and granola, pressing in slightly.
10. Freeze overnight. Then remove from the pan and cut into 10 bars.
11. Coat each in melted dark chocolate, refrigerate until chocolate is set, then enjoy!