Gluten-Free, Vegan // Makes 1
If you're a fan of Horchata like we are, then you'll love this quick and easy Horchata Oatmeal recipe made with cinnamon, sliced almonds and cloves.
Prep time: 1 min
Cook time: 5 min
Spice up your breakfast with this cinnamon and spice forward oatmeal using our Classic Cinnamon Superfood Oatmeal Multipack. On a cold morning, there's nothing better than a spicey warm bowl of oatmeal to nourish your body and mind.
Ingredients you will need to make Horchata Oatmeal:
1. Classic Cinnamon Superfood Oatmeal Multipack: Cinnamon-forward, and packed with chia, flax, quinoa and puffed amaranth, our superfood oatmeal has everything you need to fill you up for breakfast.
2. Almond Milk: The use of milk makes it creamy but feel free to use water if you don't like milk.
3. Maple Syrup: A touch of sweetness from maple syrup creates an indulgent flavor profile without it being overly sweet.
4. Vanilla Extract: You can't go wrong with vanilla and it is essential to rounding out the flavor profiles that make it horchata oatmeal.
5. Cinnamon and Ground Cloves: These two warming spices add to the cinnamon that already exists in the oatmeal base.
6. Almonds: To add some crunch, we love using sliced almonds in our oatmeal. Great way to get your daily serving of nuts and a little bit of protein.
1 Purely Elizabeth Classic Cinnamon Superfood Oatmeal Multipack with Prebiotic Fiber
⅔ cup almond milk, boiling
1 tbsp maple syrup
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp cinnamon + more for sprinkling
Pinch of ground cloves
2 tbsp sliced almonds
1. In a bowl, stir together the oats, boiling almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon until well combined.
2. Top with almonds and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy!