Lemon Garlic Cauliflower Gnocchi
gluten-free // vegan
Is there anything that TJ’s Cauli Gnocchi can’t do? If you’re in need of a dinner idea for this week, I highly recommend this Lemon Garlic Cauliflower Gnocchi!
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 package Trader Joe's Cauliflower Gnocchi (frozen)
1/2 cup finely chopped shallots (1-2 medium shallots)
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp gluten free flour (can sub all-purpose flour)
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
1 cup full fat coconut milk
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 bunch lacinato kale, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
1) Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the frozen gnocchi and sauté until fully cooked through and all sides are brown and crispy, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
2) Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet. Add shallots and cook until fully translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
3) Stir in the flour, and cook, stirring constantly, until it creates a paste, about 1 minute. Stir in the wine and thyme leaves, increase heat and let simmer for 3-4 minutes.
4) Stir in coconut milk, bring to a boil, and lower heat to let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure the bottom of the pan doesn't burn. At this point the sauce should be thick and smooth.
5) Stir in the lemon juice, gnocchi and kale until kale is wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.