Mini Chocolate Waffles
gluten-free // vegan
Obsessed with these Mini Chocolate Waffles! @alicepages used our Ancient Grain Pancake + Waffle Mix for this easy, bite-sized breakfast.
- 1 cup Purely Elizabeth Ancient Grain Pancake Mix
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 flax-eggs (2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp plant-based milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Prepare the flax-eggs by adding flaxseed meal and 6 tablespoons of water in a small bowl and stir to combine. Let rest for 5 minutes to thicken.
2. Whisk together melted coconut oil, maple syrup, milk, vanilla extract and thickened flax-egg mixture. Stir until fully combined.
3. Fold in Purely Elizabeth Ancient Grain Pancake Mix and cocoa powder, and whisk gently until just combined. Don’t over-mix! Let batter rest while preheating your waffle iron to high.
4. Once preheated, generously spray the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Drop dough in batches by tablespoonfuls, about 3 inches apart onto the iron and cook according to manufacturer's instructions, about 3 minutes or until slightly crispy on top.
5. Once done, place the waffle cookies on a wire rack to cool and crisp up a bit. Serve and enjoy!
All about using the grill for easy summer meals!Read more
A refreshing smoothie full of hidden veggies.Read more