Mini Spinach + Goat Cheese Quiches
with Grain-Free Pancake Crust
gluten-free // grain-free
Depending on your cooking tools (we recommend a range of tart pans), this quiche by @moriah.brooke can be whipped up in multiple sizes, ranging from an individual serving, to a large pie meant for sharing. Either way, pop these in the freezer for an easy, grab-and-go meal that can be enjoyed all week long.
2 ¼ cups Purely Elizabeth Grain-Free Pancake Mix
¼ cup coconut oil
1-2 tbsp water
½ cup milk (any kind works)
1 cup chopped spinach
2 tbsp chopped chives
2 tbsp chopped parsley
½ tsp salt
1/3 cup goat cheese (omit or use vegan cheddar for a dairy-free recipe)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and lightly grease a pie pan.
2. Place pancake mix in a mixing bowl with the coconut oil. Cut the coconut oil into the mix with a fork until crumbly and well combined. Stir in 1 tbsp water so a sticky dough forms. Add additional tbsp of water if needed to bind the dough.
3. Press the dough into the pan and form a crust shape with crimped edges. Place the pan in the oven and pre-bake the crust for 10 minutes.
4. In a large bowl whisk together eggs and milk. Fold in spinach, chives, parsley, and salt. Pour the egg mixture into the crust and sprinkle the goat cheese over the eggs.
5. Return the pan to the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the egg mixture is set and lightly golden. Allow the quiche to cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
Note: For individual quiches, divide the dough between 5 tart pans. Pre bake for 7-8 minutes and then bake with the filling for 10-15 minutes.