Planting the Seed for a Healthy Microbiome and a Happy Gut
Monster Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
These Monster Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are a great way to cool down and satisfy your sweet tooth!
gluten-free // Makes 14 cookies or 7 ice cream sandwiches
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 ¼ cup coconut sugar
¼ cup coconut oil
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 pouch Purely Elizabeth Original Superfood Oats
½ cup chocolate chips (recommended: Lily’s Sweets Semi-Sweet Baking Chips)
½ cup healthy coated peanut butter chocolates/M&M’s.
Your favorite ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two large, rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, coconut sugar and coconut oil. Use an electric mixer or a large spoon to mix until well combined. Mix in baking soda followed by eggs and vanilla. Add the oats and mix until well combine. Fold in chocolate chips and peanut butter chocolate chips and peanut butter chocolates and mix until they’re evenly incorporated.
- Using a cookie scooper or ¼ cup measuring cup, drop the cookies onto the prepared baking sheet and gently shape them to make them round. Leave a couple of inches around each as the cookies will spread when baked (recommend baking 6 per baking sheet).
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Do not overbake. Optional: sprinkle flaky salt after removing from the oven for a salty-sweet bite. Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on a baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Once fully cooled, pop them in the freezer for 20 minutes. Once hard, remove cookies and ice cream from the freezer and prepare ice cream sandwiches. Store ice cream sandwiches in the freezer.