No-Bake Chocolate Berry Bites
Gluten-Free // Makes 10-15
If you don't have time to bake anything, but need a dessert to make to bring to your Valentine's or Galentine's festivities, this recipe is for you! It's easy to make, has the perfect combination of flavors, and a desirable texture.
Prep time: 2 hoursJUMP TO RECIPE
When you are craving something sweet, especially chocolate around Valentine's Day, these no-bake chocolate berry bites are the perfect freezer-friendly dessert to satisfy that craving. Made with our new Berry Crisp Ancient Grain Granola, the bites are tart, fruity and almost reminiscent of a berry popsicle. Make this dessert ahead of time and bring them out for Valentine's Day. We know you are going to love them.
Ingredients you will need to make Chocolate Berry Bites:
Fresh or Frozen Berries: Depending on where you live or what season it is, you might not be able to source quality berries. If that's the case, frozen berries are a wonderful way to enjoy berries during the off season. They work just as well in the chia jam and any leftover frozen berries make for a great addition to smoothies!
Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are an amazing ingredient to add to a jam recipe because of their ability to expand in liquid and create a jam-like texture. Along with their ability to thicken, chia seeds are a great source of fiber and protein.
Chocolate: For this particular recipe, we used dark chocolate to cover our berry bites, but you are welcome to use any type of chocolate you desire.
Granola: We love the added crunch the granola provides these bites and our new Berry Crisp Ancient Grain Granola is the perfect flavor profile to pair with the chocolate.
Sea Salt: No chocolate recipe is complete without a little flaky sea salt. Sea salt elevates flavors on your palette, essential for getting the most out of your food.
Chia Jam Recipe
2 cups fresh or frozen berries (could use a combo of berries, or just raspberries)
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp chia seeds
½ cup dark chocolate, melted (plus more if necessary)
⅓ cup Purely Elizabeth Berry Crisp Ancient Grain Granola + Vitamin D3
Flaky sea salt, optional
1. Add the washed blueberries or frozen berries to a medium saucepan set to medium heat. Add the water to the saucepan and stir the berries and water as they start to soften.
2. Begin mashing them to make the jam (leave some chunks of berries). Once the mixture starts to break down into a sauce, turn the heat down to low and add in the chia seeds and stir them into the jam.
3. Remove from heat and let the jam sit for a few minutes so it begins to thicken. Place cooled chia jam into ice trays. Top with Berry Crisp granola and freeze for at least 1 hour to overnight.
4. Melt chocolate.
5. Remove bites from the freezer and take them out of the ice tray.
6. Dip the berry bites into the chocolate mixture. Top with additional chia jam, granola and sea salt.
7. Place in freezer for at least 20 minutes until the chocolate sets.
8. Enjoy! Bites can be stored in the freezer.
Live Purely With Samantha Harris
The Power of Positivity and Living Your Healthiest HealthyRead more
Purely "Twix" Bars
Try our recipe for a healthier take on Twix bars! Who says delicious can't also be good for you?Read more
4 Tips To Host The Perfect Brunch
A stress-free guide with helpful tips, recipes, decor ideas, and more.Read more