No-Bake Maple Almond Butter Superfood Granola Bars
Gluten-Free // Makes 12
Something about making your own granola bars feels like such a satisfying accomplishment. The best part is they’re a lot easier than they may seem! Love @thenutritiouskitchen's recipe featuring two Purely products: our Original Superfood Oats and Maple Almond Butter Ancient Grain Granola.
Prep time: 60 min
Homemade Superfood Granola Bars are quick to prep and perfect for an on-the-go snack that you can feel good about. These bars are made with Purely Elizabeth Original Superfood Oatmeal packed with superfood seeds like chia and flax and ancient grains like gluten-free oats, puffed amaranth and quinoa flakes. To add a little extra Purely goodness, these bars are made with our Maple Almond Butter that gives the bars delicious sweet maple and nutty almond butter flavor.
Ingredients you will need to make the Superfood Granola Bars:
1. Purely Elizabeth Superfood Oatmeal: Oats are the key base ingredient you will need to make your superfood granola bars.
2. Purely Elizabeth Maple Almond Butter Ancient Grain Granola: the granola adds a nice crunchy texture and delicious flavor. While this recipe calls for Maple Almond Butter, you can use any one of our granolas for this recipe!
3. Shredded Coconut: The shredded coconut gives the superfood granolas bars a nice chewy texture.
4. Cashew Butter: The nut butter helps bind all of the dry ingredients together.
5. Maple Syrup: Like the Cashew Butter, the maple syrup assists in binding all of the ingredients together and provides a light sweetness.
6. Melted Coconut Oil: The last of the wet ingredients that help with the bind.
7. Cacao Nibs: The hint of dark chocolate flavor rounds out the maple and nut butter flavor profiles.
8. Sea Salt: No recipe is complete without salt. A touch of sea salt will elevate the chocolate, maple, almond and cashew butter flavor.
9. Cinnamon: We love to add a touch of cinnamon but this ingredient is optional!
1.5 cup Purely Elizabeth Original Superfood Oatmeal
1 cup Purely Elizabeth Maple Almond Butter Ancient Grain Granola
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup cashew butter (runny)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup cacao nibs
Sea salt & cinnamon to taste
1. Line an 8x8 baking tray with parchment and set aside Pulse granola in a high powered blender a few times to create flour texture. Careful not to over-blend as you want to maintain some of the crunch! Combine superfood oats, pulsed granola, coconut and seasonings. Set aside.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, melt together the cashew butter, maple syrup and coconut oil for about 30 seconds. Whisk until a thick caramel glaze forms. Pour glaze into the oat mixture and stir until fully combined. Fold in the cacao nibs then press firmly onto the baking tray. I like to use the back of a frosting spatula to evenly spread out and press down.
3. Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours before slicing into 12 bars. Bars stay fresh stored in the freezer or fridge in order to maintain shape!