Ooey Gooey Oatmeal Brownies
Gluten-Free // Makes 8-10 Brownies
There's always something to celebrate and this is the perfect celebratory dessert for chocolate lovers using Purely Elizabeth Original Superfood Oats.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 22-25 min
These gooey oatmeal brownies, made with Purely Elizabeth Superfood Oats make for a delicious and healthy twist on a classic treat. Made with wholesome ingredients like oats, chia, quinoa these brownies are not only indulgent and satisfying, but also packed with nutritious superfoods. Enjoy a sweet and satisfying treat without any guilt with our gooey oatmeal brownies.
At their best, brownies are a delicious indulgence - rich, fudgy, and packed with flavor. But all too often, traditional brownies can be loaded with refined sugars and unhealthy ingredients that leave your body feeling less than ideal. That's why we love using our Original Superfood Oats as a swap to traditional flours. Not only does it make it gluten-free, but our Original Superfood Oats are packed with whole food grains and seeds that go beyond just oats. The addition of chia and flax provide fiber and plant-based protein and give the brownies a bit more chew.
Top your brownies with a dollop of ice cream and treat yourself!
¾ cup Original Superfood Oatmeal
113g (½ cup) unsalted butter
71g (2 ½ ounces) unsweetened chocolate
247g (1 ½ cups) granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
¼ teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
104g (¾ cup + 2 tablespoons) gluten-free flour
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8” square or 9” round pan.
2. In a saucepan over medium-low heat, or in the microwave, melt the butter with the chocolate, stirring until smooth.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar.
4. Whisk in both eggs and the vanilla, stirring just until smooth (don’t overmix).
5. Add the espresso powder (if using), flour, and salt, and stir until just combined.
6. Fold in the oatmeal and chocolate chips.
7. Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out without wet batter clinging to it—but don’t over-bake or they won’t be gooey! 8. Run a knife around the edge of the pan, then let cool fully before slicing.