Pecan Pie Baked Oatmeal
gluten-free // dairy-free
The perfect addition to your table for the holidays no matter what time of day you're celebrating. This Pecan Pie Baked Oatmeal by @thenutritiouskitchen could be served for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Add this cozy, warming, and delicious recipe to the holiday menu, your guests will be glad you did.
Pecan Pie Oatmeal Bake
1 cup Purely Elizabeth Apple Cinnamon Pecan Superfood Oats
¼ cup oat flour
½ tsp cinnamon + sea salt to taste
1 tsp baking powder
½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
½ cup vanilla cashew milk, or nut milk of choice
¼ cup pecan butter or cashew butter
2 tbsp maple syrup
½ cup chopped pecans
Pecan Caramel Syrup
¼ cup pecan butter
¼ cup coconut oil
⅓ cup maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Whisk together apple sauce, egg, cashew milk, cashew butter and maple syrup in a mixing bowl. Add in oats, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
3. Pour into baking dish and bake for about 35 minutes or until crispy golden. While it's baking make your pecan syrup.
4. Melt pecan caramel ingredients in a skillet over medium high heat and whisk until a glaze forms, be careful not to burn! Alternatively, melt in a microwave safe bowl for 30-45 seconds and whisk to form glaze.
5. Once done baking, take out of oven and drizzle with pecan caramel.
6. Optional: Add more toppings like more chopped pecans or granola. I like a little coconut yogurt for a "whipped cream" vibe.