Peppermint bark is a festive and delicious treat that is perfect for the holiday season. This version is topped with Purely Elizabeth Vanilla Chocolate Chip Granola, adding a crunchy and satisfying texture to the creamy chocolate and peppermint flavors. The granola is made with wholesome ingredients like oats, quinoa, and coconut sugar, and is sweetened with vanilla and studded with chocolate chips for a satisfyingly indulgent finish. Whether you're enjoying it as a special treat for yourself or sharing it with friends and family, this peppermint bark is sure to be a hit.
Peppermint bark is a classic holiday treat that has been enjoyed for many years. It is believed to have originated in the United States in the early 1900s, around the time that peppermint candy canes became a popular holiday tradition. The first versions of peppermint bark likely consisted of simple layers of dark chocolate and peppermint candy, but over time, the recipe has evolved to include white chocolate and a variety of toppings. Today, peppermint bark can be found in many different forms, from traditional chocolate and peppermint layers to creative variations with added flavors and textures. We love the added crunch of the Vanilla Chocolate Chip Granola for extra sweet and salty bites and the hints of vanilla.
½ cup Purely Elizabeth Vanilla Chocolate Chip Ancient Grain Granola or Chocolate Sea Salt Probiotic Granola
1 cup Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
1 cup White Chocolate Baking Chips
1 tsp peppermint extract
½ cup crushed peppermint candy
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, heat the dark chocolate chips for 30 seconds, followed by 10 second intervals, stirring between intervals, until fully melted. Mix in the peppermint extract.
3. Spread dark chocolate in an even layer on the parchment paper.
4. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden.
5. Once the dark chocolate layer has firmed up, melt the white chocolate chips. Layer onto the dark chocolate layer.
6. Working quickly, sprinkle the granola and crushed peppermint evenly over the chocolate layers.
7. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to an hour to firm up. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.