vegan // gluten-free
Looking for a Pumpkin dessert this month? This Pumpkin Cobbler recipe with Caramel Sauce is decadent, sweet and spicy. Top the pumpkin cobbler with dairy-free ice cream and a small dollop of dairy-free whipped cream, and it is the perfect cake for fall.
There's no better way to finish off your dinner in the fall than with a tasty pumpkin dessert. For many, this means pumpkin pie-- but if you're looking for a little more crunch and texture, then this easy pumpkin cobbler recipe is for you. Not only are you going to love the taste, but you're also going to love how quickly this pumpkin cobbler recipe comes together with just a few ingredients. Other recipe variations may include cinnamon, rolled oats, or granulated sugar to add to your cobbler recipe.
A Delicious & Easy Pumpkin Cobbler Recipe
1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp clove
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 -15oz can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp bourbon (optional)
1 1/2 cup hot water
2 cup coconut sugar
1 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
Salted Caramel Sauce (we used Rachael DeVaux of Rachaelsgoodeats.com)
1/2 cup almond butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup maple syrup
pinch of sea salt
optional: Dairy-Free Vanilla Ice Cream like So Delicious Coconut Milk Frozen Dessert
optional: Purely Elizabeth Pumpkin Cinnamon Ancient Grain Granola
1. Start by making your caramel sauce using the instructions in the recipe from Rachael DeVaux. Once cooled, you can pour into an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick spray.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, spices and baking powder.
4. In a separate bowl, combine pumpkin puree, milk, vanilla, vegetable oil and bourbon. Spoon into the dry ingredients and beat to combine.
5. Pour the pumpkin mixture into prepared pan and smooth even.
6. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and pecans and then spread over entire pan of batter.
7. Pour hot water over the entire pan and bake for 55-60 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and let cool 15 minutes.
9. Poke small holes into the pumpkin cobbler and lightly pour Bourbon Salted Caramel Sauce over entire pan. Optional: Serve with dairy-free ice cream and dairy-free whipped cream.