Pumpkin Granola Scones
vegan // gluten-free
Pumpkin season should be all year long! These Pumpkin Granola Scones by @the.fit.peach have all the fall flavors + some crunch from our Pumpkin Cinnamon Ancient Grain Granola.
3/4 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup coconut milk, full-fat
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 1/2 cup almond flour
1 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp pumpkin spice
3 tsp baking powder
3 Tbsp coconut oil, solid
1 Tbsp melted coconut oil (optional)
1/4 cup coarse cane sugar (optional)
1/2 cup organic powdered sugar
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp almond milk, unsweetened
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted (20 g) 1 tbsp cocoa powder (15 g)
1 tbsp maple syrup (20 g)
1 cup Purely Elizabeth Pumpkin Cinnamon Ancient Grain Granola
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. In a bowl, beat together the pumpkin, coconut milk, coconut sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
2. Add the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, pumpkin spice, and baking powder to the bowl and begin mixing. Lastly add the coconut oil to the bowl and continue to mix until a large ball of dough forms.
3. Transfer the dough to a piece of parchment paper and form the dough into a large disk about 8 inches in diameter. With a sharp knife, cut the dough in half horizontally and then again in half vertically. Next, cut each section of the circle in half again so you are left with 8 individual scones.
4. Transfer the scones to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and space them out at least 2 inches a part. If desired, brush the tops of the scones with melted coconut oil and sprinkle with coarse cane sugar. Bake in the oven for 17 - 20 minutes until golden brown.
5. While the scones are cooling, prepare the icing by mixing together all icing ingredients in a bowl until thin. Drizzle on top of the scones, sprinkle Purely Elizabeth Pumpkin Cinnamon Granola over top of each, and enjoy!