Gluten-Free // Makes 10
This pumpkin donut recipe by @moriah.brooke is the perfect healthy treat for fall weekends (or any day or season, really).
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp almond milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 cups Purely Elizabeth Grain-Free Protein Pancake Mix
1/2 cup melted coconut butter
optional: ¼ tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a donut pan with coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl, beat together eggs and sugar until the sugar is well dissolved.
3. Add pumpkin and stir well, then stir in almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon and baking soda.
4. Fold in the coconut flour and pancake mix and stir until well combined.
5. Spoon batter into the prepared donut pan, or fill a piping bag with the batter and pipe it into the pan (Mine made 10 donuts).
6. Place in the preheated oven to bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes and then remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
8. Once donuts are cool, drizzle them with melted coconut butter and top with chopped pecans. Enjoy!