Pumpkin Chocolate Fudge Swirl Bars
gluten-free // vegan
@tutti_dolci's Pumpkin Chocolate Fudge Swirl Bars make the perfect seasonal treat! These creamy fudge bars with a Chocolate Sea Salt Probiotic Granola crust have just the right amount of pumpkin spice. It's also one of our fave recipes from our Purely Pumpkin Guide- click here to check it out along with a bunch of other delicious pumpkin creations.
1 1/4 cups Purely Elizabeth Chocolate Sea Salt Probiotic Granola
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/3 cup gluten-free baking flour
1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1 can (13.5 oz) full fat coconut milk
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
8 oz white chocolate (no sugar added), chopped
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
1 tsp pumpkin spice
1 1/2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square metal baking pan with parchment paper.
2. For the crust, combine granola, coconut sugar, gluten-free baking flour, and cocoa in a food processor. Pulse to combine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add vanilla and melted coconut oil, and pulse until incorporated.
3. Press crust mixture evenly and firmly into prepared pan. Bake for 19 to 20 minutes, until fragrant and set. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
4. For the fudge, combine coconut milk and maple syrup in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is reduced and thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
5. Strain coconut milk through a fine mesh strainer into a glass measuring cup and let cool to room temperature.
6. Combine white chocolate, coconut milk, and salt in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water.
7. Slowly melt the white chocolate, stirring frequently, until smooth and thick, about 5 minutes. Whisk in pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice until smooth.
8. Pour pumpkin fudge over cooled crust, reserving 1/3 cup mixture to make the chocolate swirl. Whisk cocoa into reserved pumpkin mixture until smooth. Drop the chocolate mixture by teaspoons over the pumpkin layer, then use a toothpick or wooden skewer to gently swirl the layers together.
9. Chill fudge in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to set. Just before cutting, chill fudge in the freezer for 20 minutes. Carefully lift parchment and place fudge on a cutting board; use a sharp knife to trim away edges, then cut into squares. Store fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator.