Grain-Free Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Bread
grain-free // gluten-free // can sub for vegan
A good pumpkin bread just might be the most quintessential holiday treat. Add a cream cheese swirl and grain-free superfood ingredients from our new Bread + Muffin Mix, and you've got a decadent treat to feel good about! Read more about all the bread + muffin possibilities in our new Purely Holiday Magazine, and check out the recipe below.
1 Pouch Purely Elizabeth Bread + Muffin Mix
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground ginger
4oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 tbsp maple syrup
1-2 tbsp almond milk (or milk of choice), adjust for thickness preference
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Lightly grease an 8"x4" loaf pan or line with parchment paper.
2. Whisk wet ingredients together until well combined. Add full pouch of dry mix plus additional spices and mix until incorporated.
3. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until combined.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
5. While the bread is baking, make the glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, maple syrup and almond milk.
6. Once bread is done, remove from oven. Let sit in pan for 5-10 minutes, remove from pan and let cool completely before glazing (if you glaze it while it's hot, the glaze will seep into the bread).
Prepare batter similarly as the bread in the muffin tin and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Learn the importance of balancing your blood sugar with Kelly LeVequeRead more