Recipes with @SHUANGYS_KITCHENSINK
I know I’ve said this before, but I truly love how Instagram can connect like-minded people on similar health + wellness journeys. Whether it’s through tagged photos or messages, I’m able to meet people who are a part of the Purely Elizabeth community.
Recently I got the chance to connect with Shuang Shuang of @shuangys_kitchensink… because how could you not fall in love with her delicious recipes? So I couldn’t help but ask her to share some of her recipes with us. Fair warning.. try to not lick the screen and check out her other delicious recipes here!
Getting to know Shuang Shuang:
- Fun Fact? “I know how to dougie.”
- Best Breakfast Food? “For me, it’s seasonal. Although smoothies will always have a special place in my heart, my Pumpkin Paleo Pancakes recipe topped with warm spiced apples is my current obsession. (just writing this makes me drool)”
- Go-To Topping? “Almond butter, Purely Elizabeth Granola and cacao nibs.”
- Favorite Purely Elizabeth Product? “ALL the granola!! But favs are Maple Walnut and Coconut Cashew.”
- Advice for starting a food blog? “Do what makes you happy and excited to wake up! If you don’t do it, you will always wonder that “what if”. And the good news is, if you decide that this isn’t for you? You figured out one more thing about yourself. There is really nothing to lose (all about that positive perspective). Life is too short to leave any regrets! YOU’ve got SO much talent waiting to be unleashed. Good luck! P.S. I don’t have a fancy camera, just my iphone and my passion will do.”
Apple Pie Waffles
1/2 cup Simple Mills Waffle Mix
1/4 cup cassava flour
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup nut milk
1 mashed ripe banana
1/2 tsp baking soda
Half an apple
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup raw pecans
Mix waffle ingredients in a large bowl and cook in a waffle maker. Sauté chopped apples in coconut oil greased pan on medium heat. Season with cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and all spice. Toast raw pecans in the same pan after you take the apples out and add more spice.
Caramelized Spiced Pears
Mint Dollop of Yogurt Drizzle or Nut Butter
Cut a pear in half, sprinkle cinnamon on top and sauté in a coconut oil greased pan face down for roughly 5 minutes face down. Add toppings + enjoy.