Sustainability Tips, Productivity Hacks, and Recognizing Opportunities
Sambazon x Purely Elizabeth New Year’s Intentions // Living Purely with Natural + Sustainable Products
As we continue to set our intentions for the new year, a big one for us is to reduce our negative impact on the world.
We want to focus on switching to natural and sustainable products in as many ways as we can! So not only are we looking to eat pure foods with low negative environmental impact, but we want this practice to flow into our cleaning products, our clothes, etc.
Fewer, cleaner ingredients. More reusable potential. No harm to the environment.
Sustainability is what we are after!
Our friends at Sambazon are true sustainability rockstars. Their work and environmental efforts in the Amazon are very inspiring. As the first company to bring Açaí to the states, they have always been focused on harvesting it in a meaningful way. Sustainable management of the Brazilian Amazon is their passion. They also are Fair Trade certified, guaranteeing high ethical, social, environmental, and developmental standards for their workers.
Here at Purely Elizabeth, we also seek to use business to positively impact the earth. As a member of 1% For The Planet, we donate 1% of our sales to non-profit organizations striving to preserve the health of our planet. We are also proud to be B-Corp Certified, committing and adhering to rigorous social and environmental standards with our ingredients/products.
So when we were talking with them about our New Year’s Intentions, eating well was definitely high on the list, but then we got to talking about our shared passion for sustainability and how the products we use impact the earth.
According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, “to pursue sustainability is to create and maintain the conditions under which humans and nature can exist in productive harmony to support present and future generations.” We believe that we are stewards of this earth, and it is our job and responsibility to care for it! Often when we think of going green, reducing negative impact, global-warming, etc. it can feel overwhelming. The issues are too big, and we are too small. But here’s some inspo we can come back to: “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.”
So here are some small yet purposeful ways we can create ripples with the products we purchase:
Reusable water bottles instead of plastic
- This one’s pretty obvious, but think about how much waste you can eliminate by using a reusable water bottle, coffee mug, thermos, etc.
- You can find these in so many retailers– i.e. REI.
- Green cleaning products
Skincare with fewer, cleaner ingredients
- You may have heard we are kind of obsessed with SW Basics skincare products. Less chemicals, more natural components. Ingredients you can actually pronounce, like coconut oil, olive oil and shea butter.
- We love these towels from Nomadix. You can use one towel for MULTIPLE purposes– yoga, shower, beach– just as a way to reduce excessive consumption/consumerism.
- Minimalism can serve a lot of purposes benefitting not only the environment but also your own happiness!
- Extra bonus when these products are made from recyclable materials like Nomadix towels.
- Kind of like using a reusable water bottle, bringing a reusable bag to the grocery store or target can reduce A LOT of bag waste.
- A lot of stores sell really cute ones too! We are big fans of the big Trader Joes and Whole Foods bags.
How do you live more sustainably with your day to day products? Let us know in the comment section below.