Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
gluten-free // vegan
A breakfast twist on a delicious, decadent summer dessert!
● ¼ cup Grain-Free Pancake + Waffle Mix
● 2 tbsp water
● 2 tbsp oil
● 1 egg ½ cup strawberries, sliced
● 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
● 1 tsp lemon zest
● 1 can coconut cream (full fat), chilled in refrigerator for at least 1 hour
● Sliced almonds (toasting the almonds adds a nice flavor!)
● Your favorite Purely Elizabeth Granola flavor
1. In a small bowl, toss the strawberries in the honey and lemon zest.
2. Remove the can of coconut cream from the refrigerator, and scoop out the top part of the coconut cream. You don't want to use any of the liquid coconut milk/water. You can use that for a smoothie another time! Using a stand or hand mixer, mix until the cream begins to become whipping cream texture. Set aside while you prepare your pancakes.
3. Set a skillet over medium heat. Mix together the wet ingredients first and pour in your pancake mix. Mix until just combined. Once the skillet is warm, ladle your pancake batter onto the skillet and cook for roughly around 3 minutes per side.
4. Top pancakes with a dollop of coconut whipped cream, strawberries, granola, and almonds. Drizzle with maple syrup or just eat as is.