Summer Squash Pasta
Vegetarian // Makes 4 Servings
This Summer Squash Pasta Recipe is perfect when you have a bounty of summer squash from your garden harvest. It features fresh, bright and satisfying flavors paired with pine nuts to give it a little crunch in every bite. It's super easy to make and is perfect for any weeknight meal or dinner party.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
8oz rigatoni (or preferred pasta shape)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 medium zucchinis, sliced in ¼” rounds
Salt and pepper to taste
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
⅓ cup goat cheese, crumbled
½ cup fresh basil, lightly packed
¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Just before boil, salt your pasta water.Add your pasta to the water and boil according to package instructions.
2. While your pasta is boiling, set a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and zucchini to the pan and leave the zucchini, undisturbed for 4-6 minutes until they begin to brown. Flip, add salt and pepper and continue sauteeing until golden. Set aside.
3. Once pasta is done cooking, reserve a cup of the pasta water.
4. To a large bowl add the pasta, zucchini, lemon juice and zest, goat cheese, fresh basil and pine nuts. Mix together well.
5. Add pasta water as needed along with a drizzle of olive oil. Top with extra basil, pine nuts and salt and pepper.