Sweet & Savory Pancake Tacos
grain-free // gluten-free // dairy-free
These pancake tacos have the perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors for a delicious and filling breakfast.
● 1 package Grain-Free Pancake Mix
● 4 eggs, large
● ½ cup + 1 tbsp canola oil
● ⅓ cup + 2 tbsp almond milk
● 2 large carrots, thinly sliced using a mandolin
● 2 tbsp tahini
● 2 tbsp maple syrup
● 2 tbsp water
● 2 tsp soy sauce
● 1 tsp paprika
● Green onion, thinly sliced
● Eggs over easy (7)
● Maple syrup
1. Start by making the carrot bacon. Preheat your oven to 425F.
2. Place the thinly sliced carrots into a shallow dish. Place the remaining ingredients into a bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour the mixture over the carrots and make sure they are all well coated. Let marinate for 20 minutes.
3. Transfer the coated carrots to the pan lined with tin foil. Bake for 15-20 minutes and the edges have darkened.
4. Meanwhile, prepare your pancakes by mixing together the wet ingredients until smooth. Add in the Grain-Free Pancake Mix and stir until combined.
5. Prepare a skillet or pancake pan with non-stick spray and turn on medium heat. Pour a ½ cup of pancake batter into the center and swirl it around to spread the batter out thinly. Cook the pancakes until bubbles form, flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
6. Once you remove the pancake from the pan, fold it in half so it cools in a taco shell shape. Repeat until you have used all the batter. You should have roughly 7 large pancakes.
7. Assemble pancake tacos with over easy eggs, carrot bacon, green onion and maple syrup. Enjoy!