Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
grain-free // gluten-free // vegan
Think that you can’t make gluten-free, grain-free, and yeast-free cinnamon rolls that are vegan and still taste good? Think again. @the_bananadiaries made these super easy cinnamon rolls that are the perfect no-stress weekend morning breakfast or brunch. They come together in just 45 minutes (definitely faster than traditional cinnamon rolls!) and are a delicious yet secretly allergy-friendly breakfast treat for the holidays!
2 packages Grain-Free Bread + Muffin Mix
2 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with ⅓ cup water*
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
⅓ cup dairy-free milk of choice
⅓ cup coconut oil or vegan butter, softened
5 tbsp ground cinnamon
¼ cup coconut sugar
½ cup coconut butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350F, and grease an 8” pie dish with coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl, add 1 ½ packages grain-free bread + muffin mix to a bowl.
3. Add in the flaxseed mixture, melted coconut oil, and dairy-free milk. Begin to stir with a large spoon until the dough starts to form. It should be slightly sticky, but a bit more like playdough. If it’s too sticky, you can add in increments of ¼ cup bread+muffin mix until you achieve a dough.
4. Use a tablespoon of bread + muffin mix to lightly flour a clean surface, such as a piece of parchment paper (easiest for rolling the dough). Flour the dough and a rolling pin as well.
5. Roll the dough out to be about 8x14”.
6. Spread the softened coconut oil or vegan butter onto the dough, and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon and coconut sugar.
7. Carefully begin roll the longest side of the rectangle until you have formed the cinnamon dough cylinder. Use a piece of twine or unflavored floss to slice the cinnamon roll dough into 7 rolls.
8. Place the rolls into the prepared dish and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the tops of the cinnamon rolls are lightly golden.
9. Remove from the oven and allow the cinnamon rolls to cool for 10 minutes before icing with melted coconut butter, and serving.