Vegan Pot Pie
with Grain-Free Pancake Crust
gluten-free // grain-free // vegan
This classic comfort food is getting an upgrade! @healthylittlevittles used tons of veggies and nutrient-dense ingredients, like our Grain-Free Pancake + Waffle Mix for the crust, to recreate the pot pie you know and love into a healthy meal.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
1 tablespoon avocado/olive oil
½ cup diced celery
½ cup diced onion
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 package Purely Elizabeth Grain-Free Pancake Mix
4 tablespoons vegan butter
¼ cup vegetable broth
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, add the oil, celery, onion, Italian seasoning, and minced garlic and sauté until the onion and celery are translucent, about 5-10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, pour the pancake mix into a medium bowl and knead in the butter until you have a crumble-like mixture, set aside.
4. Next, add the vegetable broth, almond milk, nutritional yeast, and frozen mixed vegetables to the skillet and cook over medium heat for another 5 minutes.
5. Add a thin layer of the pancake mixture to the bottom of small bowls, mini casserole dishes, or even an 8x8 baking pan, add the filling on top and then sprinkle the remaining pancake mixture over top. Bake for 20-25 minutes.