Grain-Free Coffee Cake
gluten-free & grain-free
Dessert meets breakfast in this delicious coffee cake with a Purely twist.
● ½ cup Vanilla Almond Butter Grain-Free Granola, crushed
● ⅓ cup coconut sugar
● ⅔ cup almond flour
● 1 ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
● ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
● ⅛ tsp ground cloves
● ¼ tsp sea salt, fine
● 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
● 1 ¾ cups almond flour
● 1 tsp baking powder
● ½ tsp baking soda
● ½ tsp sea salt, fine
● ½ tsp ground cinnamon
● 3 large eggs, at room temperature
● ½ cup maple syrup
● 1 tsp vanilla extract
● ½ cup greek yogurt (sub non-dairy yogurt or ¼ cup coconut oil)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F . Lightly grease (or line with parchment paper) a 9” round pan or square 9x9” pan (8x8” will work as well, just may take longer in the oven).
2. Prepare the crumble topping: In a small bowl, combine all of the crumble ingredients. Use your hands to fully mix in the melted coconut oil until you get a wet, sand-like texture. Set aside.
3. Prepare the dry cake ingredients: In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt. Set aside.
4. Prepare the wet cake ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Fold the dry cake ingredients into the wet cake ingredients. Mix until just combined. Fold in the greek yogurt to the batter until just combined. Ensure all dry ingredients are mixed in fully.
5. Pour half the batter in the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle a layer of the crumble on top. Pour the remaining half of batter on top and finish the top with the remaining crumble mixture. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Serve the cake warm or at room temperature.