Pumpkin Donuts with Maple Glaze
Gluten-Free // Makes 8 Servings
Pumpkin season is just around the corner and these Pumpkin Donuts with Maple Glaze are the perfect treat on a crisp fall day. They are flavored with cinnamon and loaded with pumpkin puree, which makes them moist and flavorful.
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: 18-22 minutes
1 cup gluten free flour (1:1)
¾ cup Purely Elizabeth Original Superfood Oatmeal, blended
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ cup almond milk
1 tsp white distilled vinegar
½ cup maple syrup
¾ cup pumpkin puree
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp maple syrup
1-2 tbsp almond milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a standard donut pan with non-stick spray.
2. Combine the gluten free flour, blended Superfood Oatmeal, spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, vinegar, egg, maple syrup and pumpkin puree until smooth. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until no dry spots remain.
4. Transfer the batter to a piping bag and fill each donut mold cavity. Bake the donuts for 18-22 minutes and cooked through. Let cool.
5. Whisk together the powdered sugar, maple syrup and 1 tablespoon of almond milk. Add more milk until you reach a glaze consistency.
6. Dip each donut in the glaze and then let the glaze set for 15 minutes before serving.