Spiced Pear Oatmeal
Gluten-Free, Vegan // Makes 1
This warm and cozy bowl is perfect to enjoy on a cold winter day. The combination of pears and spice takes our Original Superfood Oats to the next level.
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
Switch up your oatmeal routine using pears, honey and warming spices during the colder months of the year. Baking the pears with honey and cinnamon brings out the sweetness and tenderness that makes this oatmeal unique.
Ingredients you will need to make Spiced Pear Oatmeal:
Oats: Our Original Superfood Oatmeal is made with no added sugar and packed with chia seeds, flax seeds, quinoa and amaranth.
Almond Milk: While you can use any milk of choice, we love using almond milk for this recipe.
Cinnamon: This popular spice has a multitude of health benefits including anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Add a couple teaspoons of cinnamon into your daily routine and feel the difference!
Honey: We love picking up local honey to add as a natural sweetener to oatmeal. Not only does honey pair perfectly with pears, but honey is rich in antioxidants and can help alleviate seasonal allergies if consuming local honey to your area.
Walnuts: Walnuts are rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids, including alpha-linolenic acid, which has been shown to improve heart health by reducing blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Adding a handful of raw, unsalted almonds to your morning routine is a great way to start your day off right.
1 cup Purely Elizabeth Original Superfood Oatmeal
2 cups almond milk
1 tsp cinnamon, separated
4 tbsp honey, separated
1 pear (half sliced and half diced)
2 tbsp crushed walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a dish or baking pan with non-stick spray.
2. Add the diced and sliced pears and drizzle with 2 tbsp honey and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
3. Bake for 8-10 minutes and tender.
4. Meanwhile, add the oatmeal, milk, walnuts, remaining cinnamon and honey to a small pot over medium-high heat.
5. Cook the oats until tender. Stir in the diced pears and serve.
6. Top oatmeal with pear slices. Enjoy!